Shasta Pools - Workmanship issue with waterproofing spa causing calcium leaching from waterline tile
Just completed construction of new build shasta pool.There were two issues that Shasta has not provided resolution yet.
First, there are two stains in the interior finish at the bottom of the pool near main drain. There have been 3-4 people out to assess, each one says they will need to send a diver to assess in the water. 2 weeks has gone by, no diver to assess. Secondly, there is calcium leaching from the waterline tile under the spa spillway, at the same level as the spa bench.
From my photos during construction, shasta did not waterproof the entire spa, just the back of the bench seat, that's it. now that the water in in the spa it is causing calcium to leach out to the waterline tile on the pool at the same level as the bottom of the spa bench seat. Shatsa is telling me this is from calcium buildup in the water. i checked, calcium level is low or normal.
They indicated I would need to clean it on a regular basis and asked if I had had a pool/spa before. Yes for the last 30 years.
Workmanship was poor and in this case I believe Shasta sub-contractor did not do a proper installation of the waterproofing material in the spa, and after only 10 days of water in the pool this problem started to occur.Calcium buildup can't happen that quickly, especially when the calcium content in the water in low.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
You May Also Like
- "We already left a review of Charles Brzezinski and CBCS but please disregard that review as it was forced out of us because Charles held our project hostage until my..."
- "One of our room has a pungent odor and so we had a mold inspection done. Lo and behold, there are cracks around where the slab meets the wall. Contacted..."
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "I buy pretzels from here all of the time. This is what my sister always wants for Christmas. We pretty much love them. I just bought a basket..."
- "I bought woodworking plans from an online retailer called TheGeekPub.What I received was a bunch of stolen plans! Plans they downloaded from reputable websites and then bundled without permission into a..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."
- "No, she's not a thief; she is just the opposite. She's the best. Her picture was nothing like her: she is ten times more beautiful in person. Her face, her..."
- "No, I would not order ANY pillow made with memory foam. Cut up memory foam won't be any better than intact memory foam and PROBABLY A WHOLE LOT WORSE. The..."