Shasta Pools - Workmanship issue with waterproofing spa causing calcium leaching from waterline tile
Just completed construction of new build shasta pool.There were two issues that Shasta has not provided resolution yet.
First, there are two stains in the interior finish at the bottom of the pool near main drain. There have been 3-4 people out to assess, each one says they will need to send a diver to assess in the water. 2 weeks has gone by, no diver to assess. Secondly, there is calcium leaching from the waterline tile under the spa spillway, at the same level as the spa bench.
From my photos during construction, shasta did not waterproof the entire spa, just the back of the bench seat, that's it. now that the water in in the spa it is causing calcium to leach out to the waterline tile on the pool at the same level as the bottom of the spa bench seat. Shatsa is telling me this is from calcium buildup in the water. i checked, calcium level is low or normal.
They indicated I would need to clean it on a regular basis and asked if I had had a pool/spa before. Yes for the last 30 years.
Workmanship was poor and in this case I believe Shasta sub-contractor did not do a proper installation of the waterproofing material in the spa, and after only 10 days of water in the pool this problem started to occur.Calcium buildup can't happen that quickly, especially when the calcium content in the water in low.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We originally had our old gutters replaced due to water leakage with new gutters through Gutter Helmet of the Pikes Peak Region a few years ago (Colrado Springs, CO.). Our..."
- "They might deserve one start for the actual pool. But this company is HORRIBLE -their work is that is.... DO NOT HIRE THEM..... You will pay dearly. Be..."
- "Have a seat. This is going to take a while. I’ll try to keep it short and just give the facts, but there is a lot of them..."
- "Bonjour les amis (es), Moi j'ai acheté une montre téléphone intelligente avec la fente pour puce. Elle est impeccable ! Elle fonctionne parfaitement. C'est vrais que le délais de livraison..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "I buy pretzels from here all of the time. This is what my sister always wants for Christmas. We pretty much love them. I just bought a basket..."
- "I bought woodworking plans from an online retailer called TheGeekPub.What I received was a bunch of stolen plans! Plans they downloaded from reputable websites and then bundled without permission into a..."